Goujons of cod/ hake or pollock with smokey Greek yoghurt dip
Frying pan, Spatula, Kitchen paper, Chopping board, 3 flat tubs
1lb of fresh fish
4oz of breadcrumbs
4oz of Flour
4 tablespoons of natural Greek yoghurt
½ clove of garlic, grated /pounded
1 pinch of smoked paprika (add to taste)
Firstly make the dip by mixing the three ingredients together in a dish – Simple!
Prepare the flour, egg and crumb next by placing flour in one tub, egg whisked with milk in an other, and breadcrumbs in the other. Get used to saying it that way and you’ll never forget which order it comes in [Flour, egg and crumb]
- Cut the fish into chunky strips approx 3″x1″
- Dip them in the flour, make sure they are all coated then gently shake.
- Place them in the egg mixture.
- Again, make sure they are completely coated and gently shake off .
- Then dip into the breadcrumbs.
- Turn them over in the breadcrumbs and make sure they are fully coated.
- Put the pan on the heat and a good glug of sunflower of oil. Take care with the next step because it gets hot and can splash a little.
- When it is hot, place the goujons in the pan and keep the heat moderate.
- Cook for about a minute or so or until they are golden brown and turn over for the same on the other side.
- When cooked place on the kitchen paper to drain off the oil and then on to a plate and serve with the yoghurt dip.
These are so fresh and crunchy, everyone will love them.